4.20.2010

stars align

i have neglected my blog. it will be revived in a better manner once my LIFE STOPS SUCKING. ugh my life sucks so hard.

but i wanted to write about some good news. my horoscope today didn't call me "clueless", but instead told me to work hard with determination, and that i have a support system!
"You may be receiving support today from a hidden benefactor and it's really not important for you to get to the source. Just accept the positive energy that comes your way now without becoming lost in needless analysis. If you try to attract additional help, your scheme could backfire on you. Don't make a big deal about what you are doing; simply go about your work with determination and let go of your attachment to what happens."

for the record, i don't actually believe in daily horoscopes. i like to read them because they give me an excuse for a minute to reflect on where i am in my life, or my day, etc. (though also for the record, all my faults can be attributed to being a gemini - indecisive, short attn span, flighty, etc)

anyway, i really liked my horoscope today. i haven't read it in some time bc i was scared it would call me stupid again. not that i believe in it or anything....

so my "hidden benefactor" that my horoscope talks about is totally my mom, who just sent me ginseng pills for smarts+energy, and pastries from my fave bakery paris baguette!

Along with my care package, she sent me this note card:


she wrote encouraging bible versus on both sides with sharpies & then she covered it with plastic saran wrap from the kitchen and taped the edges. (ja 1.5-6/pvb 3.5-6/phil4.4-7) and she continued the "uu/uuuuuu" onto the next line on her post-it. i totally pictured my mom on the kitchen counter writing with alternating sharpies and then saran-wrapping it.

despite waking up with a sore throat and a mucus cough today (srsly, ugh!!!!), still feeling the positive energy coming my way.

hoping for a good day, in light of how much my life sucks.

3 comments:

  1. your mom is such a cutie! thats sososo sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i believe! uuuuuu can do it! janie is awesome. too bad there were no see's though =\

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha this is pretty amazing.

    i'm so going to do this for my kid. the saran wrap and everything.

    ReplyDelete